Dates: Saturday, April 23, 2022 Times: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. US Pacific Time Sliding Scale: $45-$200. Our sliding scale options for this program include financial support for our teachers. Code DR1D22. Continuing
Dates: Saturday, April 23, 2022
Times: 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. US Pacific Time
Sliding Scale: $45-$200. Our sliding scale options for this program include financial support for our teachers. Code DR1D22.
Continuing Education Credits: This program offers 6 CE credits for $60 for licensed psychologists, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors.
Judgments of a reactive and compulsive nature are very strong in most of our lives. They can distort our perceptions, make relationships with others difficult, and undermine our work. We will examine what judgments are and how to work with them, using mindfulness, “heart” practices, and inquiry. This program will help us preserve the discernment often found in judgments, while working through the destructive aspects of judgments. We will also explore how we internalize the judgments of our society in a number of ways, particularly related to race, gender, sexual orientation, etc. Attendees will have the option of regular follow-up sessions to continue and deepen the learning.
All are welcome! No one will be turned away for lack of funds as space allows. For more information, please email Registration@spiritrock.org.
Schedule: (Subject to change)
10:00-11:15 a.m. — Talk, Guided Practice, Discussion
11:15-11:45 a.m. — Extended Practice Period
11:45 a.m.-1:00 p.m. — Guided Practice, Talk, Discussion
1:00-2:00 p.m. — Lunch (no CECs)
2:00-3:15 p.m. — Talk, Guided Practice, Discussion
3:15-3:45 p.m. — Extended Practice Period
3:30-5:00 p.m. — Guided Practice, Talk, Discussion
Continuing Education (CE) credit available:
This program offers 6 CE credits for $60 for licensed psychologists, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors. Please review our Continuing Education Credit information page to determine if your association or board will accept credits offered by Spirit Rock.***
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will better able to:
- Incorporate mindfulness of judgment practices in ways that might be shared with clients;
- Identify perspectives on the nature of the judgmental mind, in ways that will help guide their practical work with both themselves and clients;
- Utilize techniques of loving-kindness meditation that might be shared with clients;
- Utilize the application of loving-kindness as an antidote to distress related to the arising of strong negative judgments of self or other.
Continuing Education content level: Intermediate
- For those with a different license or with a license from a different licensing board, please contact your licensing board directly to ask if CE credit from the above-approved sponsors is accepted. Spirit Rock does not confirm applicability of credit for those with licenses different than those listed above. Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 6 contact hours.
- Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered.
- For full Provider information, and additional CEC information, including attendance requirements, cancellation, and grievance policies, please visit our Continuing Education Credit information page.
Donald Rothberg, PhD
Donald Rothberg, PhD
View Donald's profile.