Date & Time: Saturday, April 29, 2023; 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. US Pacific Time Sliding Scale: $45-$200x. Code DR1D23. Continuing Education Credits: This program offers 6 CE credits for $60 for
Date & Time: Saturday, April 29, 2023; 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. US Pacific Time
Sliding Scale: $45-$200x. Code DR1D23.
Continuing Education Credits: This program offers 6 CE credits for $60 for psychologists, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors.*
Judgments of a reactive and compulsive nature are very strong for many of us. They can distort our perceptions, make relationships with others difficult, and undermine our work. We will examine what judgments are and how to work with them, using mindfulness, heart practices, and inquiry, helping us to preserve the discernment often found in judgments, while working through their destructive aspects. We will also explore how we internalize the judgments of our society in a number of ways, particularly related to race, gender, sexual orientation, and other identity characteristics. Attendees will have the option of regular follow-up sessions to continue and deepen the learning.
All are welcome! No one will be turned away for lack of funds as space allows. For more information, please email Registration@spiritrock.org.
Continuing Education (CE) credit available:
This program offers 6 CE credits for $60 for psychologists, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors. Please review our Continuing Education Credit information page to determine if your association or board will accept credits offered by Spirit Rock.***
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will better able to:
- Utilize mindfulness of judgment practices in ways that might be shared with clients;
- Identify perspectives on the nature of the judgmental mind, in ways that will help guide their practical work with both themselves and clients;
- Utilize techniques of loving-kindness meditation that might be shared with clients;
- Utilize the application of loving-kindness as an antidote to distress related to the arising of strong negative judgments of self or other.
Continuing Education content level: Intermediate
- For full Provider information, and additional CEC information, including attendance requirements, cancellation, and grievance policies, please visit our Continuing Education Credit information page.
- For those with a different license than listed above, or with a license from a different board or association than listed on our CEC info page, please contact your licensing board or association directly to request pre-approval/acceptance of CE credits offered at Spirit Rock. Spirit Rock does not confirm applicability of credit for those with licenses different than those listed.
- Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 6 contact hours.
- Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered.
Donald Rothberg, PhD
Donald Rothberg, PhD
View Donald's profile.