11Jul10:00 AM5:00 PMTransforming the Judgmental Mind - ONLINE10:00 AM - 5:00 PM Online Teacher(s): Donald Rothberg, PhD No prerequisite
Date & Time: Sunday, July 11, 2021; 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time Sliding Scale: $45-$200. Code DR1D21. Continuing Education Credits: This program offers 6 CE credits for $60 for psychologists,
Date & Time: Sunday, July 11, 2021; 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time
Sliding Scale: $45-$200. Code DR1D21.
Continuing Education Credits: This program offers 6 CE credits for $60 for psychologists, health & wellness coaches, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors, licensed by the APA, NBHWC, California BBS, BRN, or BCE.
Please Note: This retreat is offered online only. We invite you to try this creative form of practice as we take care of one another and respond skillfully to COVID-19.
Judgments of a reactive and compulsive nature are very strong in most of our lives. They can distort our perceptions, make relationships with others difficult, and undermine our work. We will examine what judgments are and how to work with them, using mindfulness, “heart” practices, and inquiry, helping us to preserve the discernment often found in judgments, while working through the destructive aspects of judgments. We will also explore how we internalize the judgments of our society in a number of ways, particularly related to race, gender, sexual orientation, etc. Attendees will have the option of regular follow-up sessions.
All are welcome! No one will be turned away for lack of funds as space allows. For more information, please email Registration@spiritrock.org.
Continuing Education (CE) credit available:
This program offers 6 CE credits for $60 for psychologists, health & wellness coaches, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors, licensed by the APA, NBHWC, California BBS, BRN, or BCE.*
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program health care professionals will better able to:
- Utilize mindfulness of judgments in ways that might be shared with clients;
- Utilized perspectives on the nature of the judgmental mind, in ways that will help guide their practical work with both themselves and clients;
- Utilize techniques of loving-kindness meditation that might be shared with clients;
- Utilize the application of loving-kindness as an antidote to distress related to the arising of strong negative judgments of self or others.
Continuing Education content level: Intermediate
- For those with a different license or with a license from a licensing board different than those listed above, please contact your licensing board directly to ask if CE credit from the above-approved sponsors is accepted. Spirit Rock does not confirm applicability of credit for those with licenses different than those listed. Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 6 contact hours.
- Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered.
- For full Provider information, and additional CEC information, including attendance requirements, cancellation, and grievance policies, please visit our Continuing Education Credit information page.
Donald Rothberg, PhD
Donald Rothberg, PhD
View Donald's profile.