Sliding Scale: $110 - 275. Code PL1B18. Meditation is a deep ongoing process. Along this journey, we will most surely uncover our past traumas and emotional wounds. These encounters can enhance
Sliding Scale: $110 – 275. Code PL1B18.
Meditation is a deep ongoing process. Along this journey, we will most surely uncover our past traumas and emotional wounds. These encounters can enhance and deepen our meditation practices if they are integrated. If not, they can cause confusion, chaos, disassociation, possible re-traumatization, or the infamous “bliss by-pass.”
In this day retreat, we will learn how to visit, meet, and integrate these experiences. Together, we will explore how this process supports our inward journey of self-discovery and inner freedom.
This is a benefit event supporting Peter Levine and all that we do here at Spirit Rock! No special rate pricing is available.
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Health care professionals will be able to utilize the tools and practices offered in this program to better support their clients and patients dealing with trauma. Continuing Education (CE) credit available. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
Based on the content of this program, you will be able to:
- Describe why traumatic memories are likely to emerge during meditation practice;
- Assess when trauma may be the cause of anxiety, insomnia, depression, and unexplained pain and explain how utilizing bodily sensations can help to resolve trauma;
- Demonstrate multiple somatic awareness tools that utilize traumatic experiences as portals to reduce distress, that can occur during meditation, and improve emotional well-being through deepening a meditative practice;
- Teach clients to use traumatic experiences to enhance access to self-discovery and the authentic self.
Online registration for our programs is available until 12 noon of the last business day prior to the day of the event (e.g. online registration for a Monday program ends at 12 noon on the prior Friday). There is an additional $5 fee for registering at the door. If you can’t attend an event you registered for, please see our Cancellation Policy.
Visit our Online Bulletin Board for Ride Sharing to find or offer a ride.
Volunteer/Work Exchange opportunities, as well as full or partial Scholarships, may be available for this program. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.
Even if you have been to Spirit Rock before, please review our Non-Residential Programs FAQ for useful information about what to wear, what to bring, how to get here, and more.
This course offers 5.5 CE credits for 55 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, chiropractors and acupuncturists. If you have a different license and are interested in CE credit, please check with your licensing board to see if credits from APA, BRN, or CBA approved providers are accepted.
Continuing Education credit is co-sponsored by Spirit Rock and the Spiritual Competency Resource Center.
- The Spiritual Competency Resource Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 5.5 contact hours.
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for license renewal for programs from APA approved agencies.
- The California Board of Chiropractic Examiners Code of Regulations 361(h)(2) provides that continuing education requirements may be met by taking continuing education courses by any California Healing Arts Board approved provider, including those approved by the BRN.
- Spirit Rock is an approved Continuing Education Provider for the California Acupuncture Board, CAB #1425. This Category 1 course has been approved by the California Acupuncture Board for 5.5 hours of continuing education.
Please note: In order to qualify for CE credit, participants must attend the event in full: arrive and sign-in at the CE table within 15 minutes of the start of the program, stay until the end of the program, and sign out. Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered. For more information about CE credit at Spirit Rock, please visit the CE Credit information page.
If you are unable to attend a program, or fulfill the attendance requirements for CE credit, you may offer your CE credit fee as a donation to Spirit Rock, or you may request a credit to be used towards a future non-residential program. If you would like a credit, you must cancel by 4:00pm at least two business days prior to the program. For more information, please see our Cancellation Policy for Non-Residential Programs.