26Jan10:00 AM4:30 PMTriggers as Teachers: Cultivating Practices and Resources for Wise Response10:00 AM - 4:30 PM Community Meditation Center Teacher(s): David Richo, PhD, MFT No prerequisiteOpen
Date: Sunday, January 26, 2020; 10:00am - 4:30pm. Sliding Scale: $95 - 200. Code DO1D20. 5 CE credits available for $50, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and
Date: Sunday, January 26, 2020; 10:00am – 4:30pm.
Sliding Scale: $95 – 200. Code DO1D20.
5 CE credits available for $50, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors.
Note: The average cost per person, per day to Spirit Rock to offer a program is $160.
Online registration now closed. Please pay at the door.
We are all triggered at times by what people say or do, especially in relationships. Our triggers can teach us about ourselves, both what’s still unresolved, and what we need to work on. Our goal isn’t to root out all our triggers, but to use them as trail-heads for our own inner journeys that have long awaited us. Whether via the psychology path, especially when grieving the past, or the spiritual paths of mindfulness and lovingkindness, we’ll discover and cultivate practices and resources to support us. In this day, we’ll explore how to move from the suffering of reacting to the freedom of responding.
Continuing Education (CE) credit available. Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Health care professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will be better able to:
• Define triggers and how they relate to trauma;
• Describe a reflection practice for clients to investigate the origin of their triggers;
• List and explore the main trigger reactions: fear, anger, and grief;
• Describe exercises to process difficult emotions and physical manifestations, and cultivate inner resources necessary to deal with recurring trauma.
Continuing Education content level: Introductory
Online registration for our programs is available until 12 noon of the last business day prior to the day of the event (e.g. online registration for a Monday program ends at 12 noon on the prior Friday). There is an additional $5 fee for registering at the door. If you can’t attend an event you registered for, please see our Cancellation Policy.
Visit our Online Bulletin Board for Ride Sharing to find or offer a ride.
Volunteer/Work Exchange opportunities, as well as full or partial Scholarships, may be available for this program. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Even if you have been to Spirit Rock before, please review our Non-Residential Programs FAQ for useful information about what to wear, what to bring, how to get here, and more.
This program offers 5 CE credits for $50 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors, licensed by the APA, CA BRN, BBS, or BCE.
– CE credit for psychologists is provided by the Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC). The Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
– The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
– Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 5 contact hours.
– The California Board of Chiropractic Examiners Code of Regulations 361(h)(2) provides that continuing education requirements may be met by taking continuing education courses by any California Healing Arts Board approved provider, including those approved by the BRN.
For those with a different license or board, please contact your licensing board directly to ask if CE credit from the above-approved sponsors is accepted.
– Register and pay for CE credits before the program begins.
– Sign-in at the CE table within 15 minutes of the start of the program;
– Stay until the end of the program;
– Sign out.
Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered. For more information about CE credit at Spirit Rock, please visit the CE Credit information page.
If you are unable to attend a program, or fulfill the attendance requirements for CE credit, you may offer your CE credit fee as a donation to Spirit Rock, or you may request a credit to be used towards a future non-residential program. If you would like a credit, you must cancel by 4:00pm at least two business days prior to the program. For more information, please see our Cancellation Policy for Non-Residential Programs.
David Richo, PhD, MFT
David Richo, PhD, MFT
View David's upcoming programs or profile.