Date: March 17, 2019; 10:00am - 4:30pm Sliding Scale: $75 - 200. Code WT1D19. 5.5 CE credits available for $55, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors.
Date: March 17, 2019; 10:00am – 4:30pm
Sliding Scale: $75 – 200. Code WT1D19.
5.5 CE credits available for $55, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors.
Natural Awareness is an effortless, radiant, and spacious state of being that is available to any of us. While many mindfulness techniques emphasize focusing our attention, natural awareness invites us to relax our effort, broaden our attention, and become aware of awareness itself.
In this day, we will explore how these different meditation practices relate to one another. We will then learn simple, doable practices to access natural awareness in meditation and connect with our luminous, natural awareness in life.
The day is based on Diana’s new book, The Little Book of Being. Copies will be on hand for sale, and a book signing will be held.
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Health care professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients. Continuing Education (CE) credit available. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
Based on the content of this program, you will be able to:
• Incorporate mindfulness practices to develop present moment awareness, and to calm the mind, for self care, in preparation for, and when working with clients or patients;
• Describe how different types of awareness practices can be used to develop moment-to-moment awareness in daily life, and be used to improve patient care;
• Describe how meditation practices can increase a health care provider’s compassion, quality of attention and awareness, and may increase the quality of patient care;
• Describe an awareness practice that may be used to recognize patterns of habitual reactivity and cultivate skillful response;
• Describe uses of different types of awareness practices for working with emotional reactivity for increased self-regulation for clinician and to be shared with clients.
Continuing Education content level: Intermediate
Online registration for our programs is available until 12 noon of the last business day prior to the day of the event (e.g. online registration for a Monday program ends at 12 noon on the prior Friday). There is an additional $5 fee for registering at the door. If you can’t attend an event you registered for, please see our Cancellation Policy.
Visit our Online Bulletin Board for Ride Sharing to find or offer a ride.
Volunteer/Work Exchange opportunities, as well as full or partial Scholarships, may be available for this program. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.
Even if you have been to Spirit Rock before, please review our Non-Residential Programs FAQ for useful information about what to wear, what to bring, how to get here, and more.
This program offers 5.5 CE credits for $55 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors. If you have a different license and are interested in CE credit, please check with your licensing board to see if credits from APA or BRN approved providers are accepted.
Continuing Education credit is co-sponsored by Spirit Rock and the Spiritual Competency Resource Center.
– The Spiritual Competency Resource Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
– Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 5.5 contact hours.
– The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for license renewal for programs from APA approved agencies.
– The California Board of Chiropractic Examiners Code of Regulations 361(h)(2) provides that continuing education requirements may be met by taking continuing education courses by any California Healing Arts Board approved provider, including those approved by the BRN.
– Sign-in at the CE table within 15 minutes of the start of the program;
– Stay until the end of the program;
– Sign out.
Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered. For more information about CE credit at Spirit Rock, please visit the CE Credit information page.
If you are unable to attend a program, or fulfill the attendance requirements for CE credit, you may offer your CE credit fee as a donation to Spirit Rock, or you may request a credit to be used towards a future non-residential program. If you would like a credit, you must cancel by 4:00pm at least two business days prior to the program. For more information, please see our Cancellation Policy for Non-Residential Programs.