Date: Saturday, November 16, 2019; 10:00am - 4:30pm Sliding Scale: $75 - 200. Code HC5D19. 5.5 CE credits available for $55, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors.
Date: Saturday, November 16, 2019; 10:00am – 4:30pm
Sliding Scale: $75 – 200. Code HC5D19.
5.5 CE credits available for $55, for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors.
Explore the nature of ego and the pressure that comes with trying to be “someone.” With Insight Meditation, we can make peace with our various identities and views of our “selves.”
Together in community, we will settle our minds and bodies. We will use the healing tools of mindfulness and loving-kindness to relate to the activity of self with balance and openness, perhaps even “loving the house that ego built.” The day will include sitting and walking in silence, as well as dharma talks, discussion, and Q&A.
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Health care professionals work with patients and clients dealing with a multitude of conditions, some stemming from the complications of understanding their sense of self, and views of self-esteem or self-worth. This program will assist health care workers to be able to work with those difficult mental states, and offer practices for acceptance, healing and growth. And, with more understanding of their own sense of self, health care professionals will be able to offer improved care. Continuing Education (CE) credit available. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will better able to:
• Describe the building blocks of ‘self’ and identity as taught in Buddhist psychology;
• Utilize reflection practices to bring to light and soften ‘identity with the body’;
• Utilize loving kindness practices to ease ‘identity with emotions’ in ways that may reduce distress and reactivity;
· Utilize mindfulness practices to observe ‘identity with views and opinions’ to support moving from habitual to intentional behavior and communication.
Continuing Education content level: Introductory
Online registration for our programs is available until 12 noon of the last business day prior to the day of the event (e.g. online registration for a Monday program ends at 12 noon on the prior Friday). There is an additional $5 fee for registering at the door. If you can’t attend an event you registered for, please see our Cancellation Policy.
Visit our Online Bulletin Board for Ride Sharing to find or offer a ride.
Volunteer/Work Exchange opportunities, as well as full or partial Scholarships, may be available for this program. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Even if you have been to Spirit Rock before, please review our Non-Residential Programs FAQ for useful information about what to wear, what to bring, how to get here, and more.
This program offers 5.5 CE credits for $55 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors. If you have a different license and are interested in CE credit, please check with your licensing board to see if credits from APA or BRN approved providers are accepted.
Continuing Education credit is co-sponsored by Spirit Rock and the Spiritual Competency Resource Center.
– CE credits for psychologists are provided by the Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC). The Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
– Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 5.5 contact hours.
– The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association..
– The California Board of Chiropractic Examiners Code of Regulations 361(h)(2) provides that continuing education requirements may be met by taking continuing education courses by any California Healing Arts Board approved provider, including those approved by the BRN.
– Register and pay for CE credits before the program begins.
– Sign-in at the CE table within 15 minutes of the start of the program;
– Stay until the end of the program;
– Sign out.
Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered. For more information about CE credit at Spirit Rock, please visit the CE Credit information page.
If you are unable to attend a program, or fulfill the attendance requirements for CE credit, you may offer your CE credit fee as a donation to Spirit Rock, or you may request a credit to be used towards a future non-residential program. If you would like a credit, you must cancel by 4:00pm at least two business days prior to the program. For more information, please see our Cancellation Policy for Non-Residential Programs.