18Dec(Dec 18)10:00 AM19(Dec 19)5:00 PMWinter Solstice WeekendSeeing Clearly, Opening the Heart10:00 AM - 5:00 PM (19) Online Teacher(s): Donald Rothberg, PhD; Sylvia Boorstein, PhD OnlineNo prerequisiteOpen
Dates: Saturday to Sunday, December 18-19, 2021 Times: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. US Pacific Time Sliding Scale: $75-$600. Our sliding scale options for this program include financial support for our teachers.
Dates: Saturday to Sunday, December 18-19, 2021
Times: 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. US Pacific Time
Sliding Scale: $75-$600. Our sliding scale options for this program include financial support for our teachers. Code DR3M21.
Continuing Education (CE) credit available: This program offers 10 CE credits for $100 for psychologists, health & wellness coaches, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors, licensed by the APA, NBHWC, California BBS, BRN, or BCE.*
Please Note: This retreat is offered online only. We invite you to try this creative form of practice as we take care of one another and respond skillfully to COVID-19.
At this time of the Winter Solstice, of maximum darkness, we will take stock of our lives and strengthen our orientation toward wisdom and compassion in all parts of our lives. We will remind ourselves of impermanence and the fragility of everything, of our tendencies at times to reactivity rather than responsiveness, and of our interdependence. Seeing clearly how things are and our vulnerability to confusion, how could we be other than kind? Developing our kindness, through seeing when we are not kind, is the great work of the purification of the heart. As we go back to the fundamentals of the wise heart, our insight and commitments can deepen, and we may also arrive at new understandings and directions that can guide us in this next cycle of our lives.
In this two-day retreat, we will support this process with sitting and walking meditation, short talks, and discussion.
All are welcome! No one will be turned away for lack of funds as space allows. For more information, please email Registration@spiritrock.org.
Continuing Education (CE) credit available:
This program offers 10 CE credits for $100 for psychologists, health & wellness coaches, and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors, licensed by the APA, NBHWC, California BBS, BRN, or BCE.*
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will better able to:
- Utilize reflection practices to cultivate clarity about purpose and intention;
- Utilize practices to cultivate compassion for self and others;
- Describe to patients or clients how meditation practices cultivating insight into impermanence can change our perceived value of life and help cultivate joy and appreciation;
- Describe how wisdom teachings and mindfulness practices can help cultivate intentional responsiveness and awareness of the negative impact of habitual reactivity;
- Describe to patients or clients the emotional benefit of cultivating and valuing interdependent relationships and a general sense of interdependence with all things;
- Describe how mindfulness practices can bring clarity of thought, improve attentional abilities, and reduce one’s vulnerability to confusion;
- Utilize lovingkindness meditations as an antidote to distress and aversion;
- Describe wisdom teachings and lovingkindness and mindfulness practices to patients or clients that may be used to cultivate clarity and purpose and reduce distress.
Continuing Education content level: Introductory
- For those with a different license or with a license from a different licensing board, please contact your licensing board directly to ask if CE credit from the above-approved sponsors is accepted. Spirit Rock does not confirm applicability of credit for those with licenses different than those listed above. Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 10 contact hours.
- Credit is awarded for instructional time only and does not include extended silent meditation, if offered.
- For full Provider information, and additional CEC information, including attendance requirements, cancellation, and grievance policies, please visit our Continuing Education Credit information page.