Cost: Sliding Scale $75 - 200. Code RR1D18. Writing is a way to become deeply intimate with yourself and the world. Every life is a work of fiction, and in this
Cost: Sliding Scale $75 – 200. Code RR1D18.
Writing is a way to become deeply intimate with yourself and the world. Every life is a work of fiction, and in this workshop we shall use writing as a tool and poetry as an inspiration to wake up from the stories we tell ourselves into the truth of our present experience. Alternating writing sessions with group dialogue and short meditation periods, we will return to our senses and listen, see and touch both our inner and outer experience in concrete ways that bring us more present to ourselves, more permeable to each other and more intimate with the life that lives in everything. Participants please bring writing materials.
No prior writing or meditation experience is required.
What You Will Learn:
- To use beginner’s mind as the starting point for all writing
- To recognize the mythic, non-personal dimension of your own stories
- To let the world speak to you through your senses
- To open to what is already here
- To speak and listen from the silence
Who Should Attend This Workshop:
- Non-writers: people interested in using writing to deepen their relationship to self and others.
- Writers: occasional writers who want to go deeper into their experience, and practiced writers wanting to use their craft to explore their inner journey.
Young Adults (18-26) and Seniors (65+ with limited income) are invited to attend this day for $45.
Online registration for our programs is available until 12 noon of the last business day prior to the day of the event (e.g. online registration for a Monday program ends at 12 noon on the prior Friday). There is an additional $5 fee for registering at the door. If you can’t attend an event you registered for, please see our Cancellation Policy.
Visit our Online Bulletin Board for Ride Sharing to find or offer a ride.
Volunteer/Work Exchange opportunities, as well as full or partial Scholarships, may be available for this program. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Even if you have been to Spirit Rock before, please review our Non-Residential Programs FAQ for useful information about what to wear, what to bring, how to get here, and more.